With fruity and floral notes, this coffee does really taste as sunshine in a cup.
- Location : Rushashi, Gakenke District – Northern Province, Rwanda
- Producer : Abakundakawa member farmers
- Growing altitude : 1,700 – 2,000 meters
- Processing method : Washed
- Flavour notes : Coffee blossom & passion fruit
- Roasting : Light
The story behind the cup:
Rushashi serves as a prime example of how Rwandan cooperative societies can become sustainable by constantly improving quality and operatig sustainably. With the help of MISOZI, a local private but social exporting business, they are able to sell their unforgettably complex coffees worldwide - it's no surprise that they frequently earn a place in the Rwanda Cup Of Excellence competition (highest: 3d place!).
Fully washed and triple fermented: all coffee is hand picked, depulped, dry fermented for 12 hours, double wet fermented (2 x 18 hours), washed with mountain water, shade dried, then sun dried on raised beds.